Monday, October 11, 2010

Free cheese...


Wow, my last post was in Feb.  I have not stopped being frugal or getting free stuff just had not made time to document it.  Last nights shopping trip is worth documenting.  In an effort to save time and gas I decided to try and take advantage of Food Maxx's price matching policy.  Normally I go after the kids are sleeping and hit three or four different stores to get the best deal, but I was too tired to do that last night.  Instead I took the time with the inserts for the week and made my list.  I was a little anxious not knowing how it was all going to work or if it would work at all.  Some of the items were already cheaper than the price match so that was great.  The ones that were not I put all together in the cart and when I loaded them on the belt I made sure to tell her ahead of time so she could adjust the price.  My big score was the Kraft Cheese (pre-shredded cheese).  Foods Co had them for .98 if you buy 10 and I had two manufacture coupons for $5 off 5 Kraft cheese making these free.  She had to have a managers key for all the price adjustments, which was a pain, but over all it worked.  It did take some extra time to check out, but for me it was worth it.  I was under the impression that they took competitors coupons as well, but they would not, so I had to go to some other stores this morning anyway.  After I was all done my receipt said I saved $82 which sounded great to me.  I will be doing this again especially with the stores that are not really close to me.   

No comments: